Thursday, September 13, 2012

Hello and Welcome to Paul's Amateur Woodworking Garage!

This is my blog for amateur garage woodworkers, brought to you by an amateur woodworker. My name is Paul Unger and I will be your host as long as you continue to tune in. I guess I will start by providing a little background on my interest and experience in wood working. I have actually been building things out of wood since I was a little kid. My Grandfather was a carpenter and cabinet maker for all of his adult life. He passed on the interest, but not the career, to my own dad who has maintained a full workshop for all of my life. My dad has always leaned towards doing more rough carpentry woodworking, whereas I apparently inherited the finer cabinet making traits of my grandfather. Although I do not make cabinets, I prefer to work on more detailed projects. Although I have done wood working since I was a kid there has been a couple gaps. I actually just acquired some new tools after having had to get rid of all my wood working tools 4 years ago due to relocating from several states away to a house with no room for a workshop. I still do not really have room but have taken over most of the garage, thus the name of the blog. For my first project, I decided to take on what some consider to be the ultimate wood working project...building an acoustic guitar from scratch. In my next few posts I will start posting about the steps I have taken so far along with some photos of each step. With any luck one of you will find the information useful. Feel free to add your comments, questions or suggestions and I will do my best to respond to all. Additionally I hope to at some point start posting links to useful sites, products and information. Again recommendations from all of you will always be welcome as well.

1 comment: